Can your estate planning goals be achieved more efficiently with lifetime planning?
In many cases, lifetime planning, usually including some form of lifetime gifting, will help reduce the total gift, estate and generation-skipping transfer tax burden. There are a number of different options that we frequently use to help our clients reduce their gift, estate and generation-skipping transfer taxes.
- Annual Exclusion Gift and GST Trusts
- Gift and Generation-Skipping Transfer (“GST”) Trusts
- Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts (GRATs)
- Insurance Trusts
- Intentionally Defective Grantor Trusts
- Qualified Personal Residence Trusts (QPRTs
- Family Limited Partnerships and LLCs
- Self-Cancelling Installments Notes (SCINs) and Private Annuities
- Incomplete Gift Non-Grantor Trusts